Sunday 13 May 2012

What a Beautiful Time of Year

After many months of snow and cold, I am so happy to welcome spring!  May and June are absolutely beautiful here.



Yesterday I planted my pots. (yes, today my old body is feeling it!) :)



I planted cosmos, petunias, snapdragons and a spike in the middle of each.



I planted these a couple of weeks ago.  They are wave petunias and are already starting to fill in nicely.   (You can see the Arborviteas along the fence.  They were all the same size when I planted them two years ago.  What the heck is with the little guy in the center??)






 I love the adirondack chairs my husband built.  We spend a lot of time sitting in them.




The wave petunias in the boxes on the ladder and the perennials are starting to come back to life in this area.




The creeping thyme between the rocks is really filling in.  Last week I added rocks to the back side of the pond so my husband could get to the pump and filters without ruining any of the plants back there. 




The fish are getting big! 



 We used to have an ugly piece of mesh separating the area for Max to lay down in and the rest of the pond, but he never gives any indication that he'd go in the deep end, so we got rid of it.  We love the look of the pond without it!



He is definitely my favorite part of the backyard! 




 We had dinner out here last night and it was a perfect night!  I'm looking forward to everything blooming and many more nights out here this summer.


Thanks for your visit! 
 Happy Mother's Day!


My blog has been nominated for Best Innovative Blog at Palatin Remodeling, Inc.  I'd love it if you'd vote for me!

VOTE HERE

Pam


I am linking to the following parties:



The Polo House's Favorites on the First Party
 
UndertheTableandDreaming